Direct Edge Media is a fast paced and quickly growing printing company specializing in digital, offset and large format printing for enterprise, agency and trade printers. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an environment that values your professional skills, Direct Edge Media has a career path for you. We are currently seeking experienced and professional full-time candidates to join our team.
About the Company
We are seeking an experience Print Estimator that has a wide range of knowledge in print production operations, estimating, purchasing and vendor installation buyouts. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, proactive and strong organizational skills.
- Providing accurate client estimates for both Large Format and Digital Sheetfed Printing
- Must be able to calculate various print methods, materials, labor, kitting and fabrication installation projects.
- Must be able to analyze the scope of each project and determine best suitable, most cost-efficient planning prior to deciding and committing to the printing project.
- Providing a well-rounded knowledge of finishing equipment capabilities compatible to large format digital printing equipment such as; CNC routing, die cutting, laminations, taping, heat bending, etc.
- Knowledgeable in bindery equipment capabilities compatible to conventional offset printing
- Well-rounded knowledge with various substrates and stocks as well as the overall usage of finished print collateral
- Must have the ability to determine best run plans based on layouts (imposition), equipment capabilities and material sizes for best yield or full utilization of parent sheet sizes.
- Proficient using estimating management software in order to calculate and generate estimates
- Must be detailed oriented and able to multi-task with a heavy volume
- Capable of working with outside vendors and suppliers for buyouts or installation jobs
- Capable of estimating fulfillment as it relates to pack-out and kitting of jobs shipping to multiple locations
- General knowledge of shipping and logistics standards
- Good communication and organizational skills with positive team building practices
- Minimum of 5 years working in print production operations, estimating, purchasing and vendor installation buyouts